Thursday, February 23, 2012

Platform 9 3/4

I'm going in.

To tell you the truth, I've never been an early adopter of anything.

I don't line up for movies or concert tickets or book releases or new i-anythings.

I had my trusty walkman when everyone was shopping for CDs. Some of my movies are still on tape. I still taped shows until our VCR broke last year. I got a cell phone in 2005. I make lists in notebooks and use a paper calendar. I write letters. And I haven't read Twilight or The Hunger Games.

Or Harry Potter.

I kind of like what I like...for me. I like knowing that I like something just because I like it. I do eventually get around to liking what everyone else likes, (see above), but I want it to prove something, and stick around first before I spend any money on it. If it's good, it'll still be there when I want it.

And...I want it. And, in all honesty, what self-respecting aspiring kids' writer can say she hasn't read about "the boy who lived"?

The time has come.

Platform 9 3/4, I'm going in.

Weee. I really hope I like it.

If I can find it...

You'll find me in a cupboard under some stairs for the next little while.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading the hunger games right now - they're good! I have not read Harry Potter or Twilight either (we must be the only 2 left). Let me know how you like HP!

    ReplyDelete