Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bookshelf Update

So I've finished two of the six books from my summer bookshelf.

Water for Elephants - I give it a solid A. This was a wonderful book. I had trouble putting it down and read it pretty quickly. Definitely one I'd recommend for readers of all tastes. My only wish is that it had a sequel - so much is left 'in between'. When you read the book, you'll know what I mean. I'll certainly be renting the movie.

The Cellist of Sarajevo - I give it a firm B. Heavy, but to be expected given the subject matter. It doesn't really go anywhere, but provides a chilling narrative of the war in Bosnia in the early '90s.

I've started Secret Daughter and I'm hooked, three chapters in. I'd wager that this will be another solid favourite. I'll be back with a substantiated verdict soon!

Happy reading!

(Image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment