Monday, August 27, 2012

Counting Down To Yoga Teacher Training


So you may have noticed that I added a 'Countdown to Yoga Teacher Training' widget to the blog last week...just to the right over there...

A good friend and I will be starting a yoga instructors course very soon! We start in early October and will 'graduate' next May, with a 200 hour Yoga Alliance course. We'll be certified to teach Hot Power, Power, Vinyasa, Hatha Flow or Classical Hatha Yoga classes.

And we both couldn't be more excited!


For any fellow yogis/yoginis out there, here is what the training course includes:
  • History and Philosophy of Yoga
  • Anatomy and Physiology
  • Breathing Techniques
  • Yoga Postures and Proper Alignment 
  • Teaching Methodology
  • Business and Ethics
  • Practicum

We've got our notebooks ready and our pencils sharpened...back to school we go. Now, to buy a few more yoga tops! Classes are every Tuesday night between October and May and one weekend each month, so I'm going to need a few more pieces of class-friendly clothing in my wardrobe.

I'll be posting class tidbits and updates on here, I'm sure!

Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment